Once you finish your 12th standard, you are in a dilemma to choose the right course or college that will accelerate or direct you towards your career. While opting for your stream, be aware of the fact that it will also have an impact on your goals. Therefore, one must make an informed decision about choosing the right course.
In the meantime, most of them are also constrained by the financial challenges and hefty fee/education loan required to finish college. If you are faced with such financial constraints, then easing your parents’/guardians burden by finding apt scholarships is the best solution. Scholarships come to the rescue if you have secured merit in your 12th standard. Here’s a curated list of scholarships in India after 12th:
1. College Admission Scholarship Application (CASA)
College Admission Scholarship Admission (CASA) is a popular scholarship for 12th-pass students that can help maximize benefits of quality higher education for the candidate. It can get you a 100% tuition fee waiver. The CASA application process usually starts in the month of June and there is no application fee for this scholarship.
Who can apply?
- Students who have completed Class 12th examination from CBSE, ICSE or any other recognized state board can apply.
- Students who have completed graduation can also fill the form for post-graduation courses.
(Note: CASA form is recommended for students who have completed their class 12th and are looking for higher education)
Steps to Apply for CASA:
- Register with CASA through the official website.
- Follow the instructions provided and fill out the application form.
- Upload the essential documents.
After the submission of application, you will receive SMS and email alerts regarding your candidature and scholarships that are suitable for you.
2. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards 2018
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards 2018 is organized by the National Innovation Foundation. This scholarship provides young minds with a platform to showcase their innovations and thoughts. Students up to class 12th can participate in the same. All that one is required to do is to write their ideas in a simple text and email it to the official website. The last date for registration is 31st August 2018.
While inviting the ideas, the National Innovation Foundation looks for original and creative technological ideas to solve everyday problems. The idea can be about household problems to laborers to environment to pollution – anything.
Eligibility for Ignite Awards 2018:
- Students up to Class 12th can send their ideas for the Ignite Awards.
- The maximum age of the candidate should be between 17-18 years. If you have freshly passed out of school, then also you are eligible to apply.
While submitting the write-ups, candidates should clearly mention their name, age, school name, address and contact number.
3. PM Narendra Modi Scholarship for 12th-Pass Students
PM Narendra Modi launched a scholarship for 12th pass students who are seeking admission in a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. This scheme provides financial assistance to the wards of ex-serviceman. It offers a total of 5,500 scholarships for courses such as B.Tech/B.E., B.A, BBA, BCA, M.A, M.Com, M.Sc, Ph.D., pharmacy and medical courses.
- Candidates should have passed class 12th with a minimum of 75% to apply for the scholarship.
- Students should between the age group of 18-25 years.
- Students whose family income is below Rs. 6 lakhs per annum are eligible to apply.
The last date to apply for PM Scholarship is 15th November, 2018. Candidates who are selected for the scholarship will be awarded Rs. 2,000 per month (boys) and Rs. 2,250 (girls). One can apply through the Kendriya Sainik Board website.
4. Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarship
Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarship is a great opportunity for students belonging to rural areas and backward classes. The scholarship is specifically for class 12th-pass students who are planning to pursue diploma/engineering courses such as civil, electronics, telecommunication, mechanical and electronics. The primary objective of the Schindler scholarship is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students. Every year, around 75 students are awarded this scholarship which is worth Rs. 20,000.
- Students who have passed class 12th in science stream with minimum 65% aggregate.
- The family income of the student should not be more than Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
- Candidates planning to pursue a diploma in engineering streams such as Electrical, Civil, Electronics, Mechanical, Electronics and Electronics and Telecommunication are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are already pursuing diploma courses can also apply for the scholarship.
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years.
How to apply:
- Visit the official website.
- Login/Register using Facebook, Google Plus or Email account.
- Once signed in, click on the link ‘Start Application’
- Fill in all the details and upload the documents required.
- Click on ‘Submit’
5. AICTE Pragathi Scholarship for Girls
To promote girl education in the country, AICTE offers a scholarship to female students who want to pursue higher education in the technical field. AICTE awards Rs. 30,000 per annum each to 4,000 girls every year. Applications for the AICTE Pragati scholarships start in the month of August/September every year and AICTE does not conduct any entrance test for the scholarship.
- Female students who are in their 1st year of the diploma or degree courses from any of the AICTE approved colleges are eligible for the scholarship.
In case the candidate is selected for the tuition fee waiver, the amount of Rs. 30,000 may be reimbursed to the candidate through reimbursement for purchase of books, vehicles, laptops and desktops.
6. Foundation for Excellence (FEE) Scholarship
FEE provides scholarships to exceptionally brilliant minds but have financial constraints, enabling them to pursue higher education in the science stream (engineers/doctors). FEE funds these students and helps them pursue their career in the field of their choice.
- Candidates who wish to study professional degree courses such as BE./B.Tech, Integrated 5-Year Dual-Degree M.Tech and MBBS are eligible.
- The score of the candidates should not be less than 70% in the qualifying examination.
- Candidate’s admissions to the courses should be on the basis of merit to be eligible for the scholarship.
7. Indian Oil Academics Scholarship
Every year Indian Oil Corporation Limited awards scholarships to meritorious students from all over the country, under the Indian Oil Scholarships Scheme. The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of merit. Indian Oil Academic Scholarships are awarded to first-year students of engineering and MBBS courses.
300 scholarships are offered to engineering students while the remaining 200 scholarships are offered to MBBS students. The part of the scheme also offers special encouragement to girl students who wish to pursue higher education, physically challenged students and students from Jammu and Kashmir and other Northeast states.
- Students who have taken admission in class 11th (10+)/ first year of the current academic year in ITI (2 years programme) in school/ institutions recognized by the central/state government are eligible.
- Students in the first year of full-time engineering degree course, MBBS courses can also apply.
- 11th class and those in the 1st year of 2 year ITI course are also eligible to apply.
8. Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship
CCB Scholarship provides financially weak background students with a platform to pursue higher education.CCB is associated with many leading educational institutes across the country where the students can get scholarship opportunities.
Eligibility for CCB Scholarship:
- Students of both class 10th & 12th can apply for this scholarship.
- They should have passed the last exam with a minimum aggregate of 33% to 50%.
Steps to Apply for CCB Scholarship:
- While applying online, candidates will have to select their native state and proceed with the respective application.
- Read all the instructions carefully and start filling the application form and submit.
- Take a print out of the application receipt and counseling letter.
Selected students will be awarded a scholarship of Rs.60,000 – Rs.70,000 for higher education.
9. INSPIRE Scholarship 2018
INSPIRE Scholarship is also known as Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE). This scholarship is a Government of India initiative and is offered to students who fall in the top 1% rank in 12th board exams. Further, if a student gets attains a rank of up to 10,000 in NEET or JEE Advanced, then also they are eligible for it. The scholarship is offered to 10,000 students and are awarded Rs.80,000 every year through this scholarship.
INSPIRE Scholarship has three components that are categorized into the following:
- Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEAT): The main aim of SEAT is to attract young minds to study science. Under this, the recipients are given an INSPIRE Award of Rs. 5,000 each. This award is given to about one million science enthusiasts between the age group of 10 to 15 years (Class 6th to Class 10th). This scheme also arranges summer camps for over 50,000 science students of Class 11th who can exchange ideas and experience new innovations through the INSPIRE Internship.
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE): This aims to attract creative minds to undertake higher education in science-intensive programmes. Along with the scholarship, selected candidates are also provided in-depth guidance and mentorship. The scheme covers 10,000 scholarships for the age group of 17 to 22 years to take up B.Sc and M.Sc courses. The scholarship is worth Rs. 80,000 per annum.
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC): This scholarship is for candidates between the age group of 22 to 27 years with an aim to strengthen the R&D foundation. It is sub-divided into two components. The first one is the INSPIRE Fellowship which offers 1000 fellowships every year to carry out research in the field of applied sciences. The second component is the INSPIRE Faculty Scheme which is offered to 1000 post-doctoral researchers in the age group of 27 to 32 years through contractual basis.
(Edvantage Point is India’s go-to platform for related products and services. We are into admissions management for schools, career advice and counselling services for students as well as recruitment services).