The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) has extended the closing date of registration from September 14 to September 24, 2018. IIFT has extended the date due to “extensive requests received from students of flood-affected areas from many parts of India.” The Institute will conduct the MBA (International Business) entrance exam on December 2, 2018.
- Candidate should have a graduation degree of minimum 3-year duration from a recognised university
- A general category candidate should score atleast 50 per cent marks in the IIFT entrance test, while for the reserved category candidates, the minimum is 45 per cent
- Candidates will be called for group discussion and interview according to their marks in the written test.
- Group discussion and interview will be conducted in January/February 2018.
Previous year’s question paper
- In 2017, the IIFT entrance exam was conducted on December 3
- There were six sections last year
- Each of the sections had sectional cut-offs applicable (as was mentioned in the test instructions)
The various sections of the paper are given below (section ordering as per Set A):
- SECTION 1 (GENERAL AWARENESS)
- SECTION 2 (VERBAL ABILITY)
- SECTION 3 (READING COMPREHENSION)
- SECTION 4 (LOGICAL REASONING)
- SECTION 5 (QUANTITATIVE ABILITY)
- SECTION 6 (DATA INTERPRETATION)
More information on last year’s paper:
- There were a total of three sets of five questions each, one set of three questions, and one with two
- All the sets were based on tables and/or line graph
- Almost all the questions were calculation-intensive and lengthy
(For further information, candidates can log on to the official website- iift.ac.in)
(Edvantage Point is India’s go-to platform for education-related products and services. We are into admissions management for schools, career advice and counselling services for students as well as recruitment services).