The state of Andhra Pradesh is home to several top educational institutions like the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indian Institute of Information Technology, IIT, IISER and universities like the Andhra University, Sri Venkateshwara Universities and others. Andhra Pradesh is also one of the states that offers several scholarships for meritorious students.
1. Pre-matric scholarships:
Pre Metric scholarship are sanctioned to the economically backward students from 6th to 10th Class. The Scholarship amount shall be disbursed to the students who put in 75% attendance in normal time.
- The eligible students should submit filled in application forms through the institutions to the Executive Director/DMWOs of the concerned districts.
- On receipt of scholarship forms, EDs/DMWOs will scrutinize all application forms and data will be enterd in the website through online and submit the eligible students list to the selection committee for approval.
- The Selection Committee consists of Joint Collector, District Education Officer, ED APSMFC/DMWO. The list will be approved by the committee duly following the procedure for sanction of scholarships.
Disbursement of scholarship amount: The scholarship amount will be released to the students bank account directly from the ED/DMWO’s office.
2. Scholarships for meritorious students from the Brahmin Community: (Schemes)
Bharathi Scheme: To encourage Brahmin students continue their academic education (Regular), by providing one time financial assistance.
a) For Higher education: This scheme is applicable for Brahmin students of Andhra Pradesh covering all 13 districts, who are studying from 1st standard to Post Graduation in the academic year 2018-19, as per the specific eligibility criteria provided in the Annexure.
- The student and his/her parents should belong to Brahmin community and parents should reside in Andhra Pradesh.
- Annual Family income of Parents/Guardian should not be more than Rs. 3 lakh.
- Should be pursuing a regular course in School / College/ Institute / University for the year 2018-19.
- Should have passed in all the subjects till previous year of study (i.e., students who do not have backlogs in their previous semesters / years are only eligible).
- Should not have availed himself/ herself any amount under any other Government scheme for the same purpose. However, students availing benefit from Archaka Welfare Trust are eligible under this scheme, in addition to the assistance they get under Archaka Welfare Trust.
- Detailed Course wise eligibility criteria is provided as Annexure to this document
(Click here: Bharathi Scheme for students)
b) For Overseas Education: This scheme is applicable for students of Andhra Pradesh covering all 13 districts, who secured admission for any Masters’ Degree course overseas in reputed institutions for the year 2018-19 or students pursuing part of their course abroad (after completing the initial part in India) in collaboration with any foreign university, for the year 2018-19.
- The student and his/her both parents should belong to Brahmin community and parents should reside in Andhra Pradesh.
- Annual income of Parents / Guardian should not be more than Rs. 6,00,000/- (Rupees Six Lakhs)
- Should have got admission in any Masters’ Degree course Overseas (atleast 12 months duration) in a reputed institution, during the years 2018-19. OR
Should be pursuing final year of the PEC course overseas, in collaboration with the Indian university / institute.
- Students who have already availed benefit earlier will not be eligible.
- Should not have availed himself/ herself any amount from any other Government scheme for the same purpose.
(Click here: Bharathi scheme for Overseas Scholarship)
3. Jnanabhumi Scholarships for Higher Education: (https://jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in)
Jnanabhumi Students scholarship provides assistance for students seeking higher education. Students can register with the JnanaBhumi official portal to avail the scholarship from the AP Government. They will need to create their login details on the website and can check their application status on it, once applied.
a) For Post Graduate Course: Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences /Agriculture Sciences / Medicine & Nursing /Social Sciences/Humanities.
b) For PhD Course: P.G course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine / Social Sciences/ Humanities.
Important points under Jnanabhumi scholarship:
- PG courses include PG Diploma courses with a one year or one and half year duration.
- The scheme includes the study of CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and CPM (Certified Portfolio Manger) courses in the US, since they are equivalent to Chartered Accountancy (CA) / Cost Accounting (CA) courses in India.
- The scheme is available for only one child per family. A self-certification will be required from the candidate in this regard.
- Once a student is awarded the scholarship, he/she cannot re-apply.
4. NTR Videshi Vidyadharana – Overseas Scholarship: (www.epass.cgg.gov.in)
This scholarship is provided for students of Kapu community, Backward Community, SC/ST and minorities as well as to students from General category or OCs who are economically backward.
Countries eligible under NTR Videshi Vidyadharana Overseas Scholarship Scheme: USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, France, Denmark, Russia, Philippines, Kazakhstan and China (Philippines, Kazakhstan and China only for medicine).
The candidate should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT.
Applicant must have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
The student must hold a valid Passport.
The Candidates are required to make their own efforts in seeking admission in accredited University/Institution abroad.
The selected candidate has to join the concerned university within one year of communication of selection. Once the specified period of time out, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end.
Amount of Scholarship: Selected candidates of NTR Videshi Vidyadharana Overseas Scholarship will be awarded with Rs. 10 lakh towards fees and living expenses by the way of grant.
Fee shall be payable in two instalments as follows:
Instalment-I : An amount of Rs.5 lakh shall be payable to the students upon production of the landing permit /I- 94 card. (Immigration Card)
Instalment-II: An amount of Rs.5.00 lakh shall be payable to the students upon production of the 1st Semester results.
Earnings from Research/Teaching Assistanceship: The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking Research/Teaching Assistantship.
Application Process :
- All the candidates who are willing to apply for financial assistance for studies abroad shall apply Online from August 1 to September 30, 2016.
- The registration for scholarship shall be online at www.epass.cgg.gov.in
- The applications with all the required documents should be complete.
Required Documents :
- Caste Certificate from Mee Seva.
- Income Certificate from Mee Seva.
- Date of Birth certificate.
- Aadhar card.
- E-pass ID Number.
- Residential/Nativity certificate
- Passport copy
- Marksheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG level
- GRE /GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test score card.
- TOFEL / IELTS score card.
- Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent).
- Copy of the latest Tax assessment is to be enclosed.
- Copy of Bank Pass book of Nationalised Bank.
- Photo to be scanned and uploaded.
The selection of candidates will be done by the State Level Screening Committee created by government.
(Edvantage Point is India’s go-to platform for education-related products and services. We are into admissions management for schools, career advice and counselling services for students as well as recruitment services).